Students of theology can find themselves strengthened and renewed while they study, but it can also be a time of trial. This reader shows how to navigate such trials as we study for and then engage in Christian ministry. It includes wisdom from voices past: Augustine; Martin Luther; C. H. Spurgeon; B. B. Warfield; Dietrich Bonhoeffer and C.S. Lewis. Several modern authors also show how to navigate various aspects of theological study successfully: D. A. Carson (Biblical Studies); Carl Trueman (Church History); Gerald Bray (Systematic Theology); Dennis Hollinger (Christian Ethics); and John Woodhouse (Seminary life). The book shows how we can move from being ‘lost among words’ as we study of theology, to being ‘lost for words’ in praise of God.
There are five ways to enter the contest. Completing all five of the items listed below will give you five entries into the contest.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this post (Required)
- Follow @Christian_Focus on Twitter
- Like Christian Focus Publications on Facebook
- Write a post about the giveaway on your blog, helping to promote the contest.
- Leave a comment on this blog post answering the following question: What is the biggest trial you have faced in your study of theology?
Terms and Conditions:
- This contest is limited to residents of the 48 state continental United States and the UK.
- Contestants may submit five entries as outlined under contest details.
- We are giving away two copies of The Trials of Theology, one for each contest winner.
- The contest will run through end of day September 4, 2011.
- The winners will be announced September 5, 2011.
This contest is now closed. We will announce winner shortly.